Friday, November 7, 2014

Week of November 3

The students had a great time at our Halloween parade and party last week.  Here are some pictures from the afternoon.  Thank you to the parents who helped at the party!
















We created cells out of Model Magic clay this week.  The students had to label each part of the animal cell on their models. We also discussed why we were making these models, after already labeling the parts of a cell on a paper.  With the different modalities involved, we are hoping to meet the needs of different learners.    





We also took part in a mock trial with the Narwhals.  The case was between MGM and Honda on whether a commercial they made infringed on the copyright of the James Bond movies.  Most of the students were lawyers, witnesses or the judge.  After hearing all of the evidence, we became the jury and spent time deliberating the case.  At the end, it was a hung jury...no consensus was reached.  We will deliberate again next week.












Here are some reflections from the week:

"I need to get better at cursive."
"I did great on the C.M.L test."
"I think I did well on math because I learned some new things this week."
"I understand all three branches of government and what role all three branches play."
"I think my language arts could use some improvement."
"I need to get moving on some goals."
"I think I did good on Wordly Wise."
"Homework went bad because Wordly Wise was hard."
"I am going to work on my math skills."
"I think language arts went well.  We discussed very good, and we helped each other read."
"I also picked up trash in the lunch room, because that was the act of kindness."

No comments:

Post a Comment