Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week of November 24

Don't Go Breaking My Heart!
The students received an excellent opportunity to check out sheep hearts, as part of our health systems study.  We had 2 expert doctors in to the class to show us all there was to know about the heart.  Most (but not all!) of the students enjoyed the dissection and were thrilled with the chance to explore. 






















Here are some comments from the students about the experience:
"I loved when we got to stick our fingers in the pulmonary artery."
"I will always remember it (especially from all the 'ews' that were said)."
"My favorite part is the part when we cut the heart in half."
"I liked cutting through the extra thick wall."
"I got the heart all to myself because my partner couldn't stomach it."
"Even though I was kind of grossed out, it was fun."
"It was really interesting.  The only part I didn't like was the dissection."
"I extremely enjoyed it, especially when we didn't have the hearts."
"I like to dissect stuff."
"I enjoyed the presentation even though it was pretty gross."
"I liked it when I put my finger through the heart and finding the valves too."
"I believe that if I keep doing this I can become a great surgeon some day!"


No comments:

Post a Comment