Friday, October 10, 2014

Week of October 6

The kids had a great time at the Seattle Art Museum today.  They saw the pop art exhibit there.  The students were asked to write a paragraph when we returned about their favorite pop art piece.  Here are their paragraphs. 

       My favorite piece of pop art was an ice bag.  It was made by Claus Oldenburg.  It was made up of cloth.  It inflated and then deflated.  It was a very interesting sculpture. 

       I liked John Cumberlain's steel sculpture.  It was like a block of steel.  It was very cool!  I liked it better than the red one. That was a cool artist. 

      I had two favorite artists.  Margarita Cabrera and Andy Warhol are my two favorites.  For Andy Warhol, it was the sparkly shoes painting.  For Margarita Cabrera it was a slug bug, old car, yellow car.  Those two are my favorite artists of all time. 

      I really like Vanishing Cream by Edward Ruscha.  I think it was interesting he used egg yolk to make it.  I also think it was interesting he called it Vanishing Cream.  I also like the Made in USA by the same person.  He used paint splatters.  I think it was really cool. 

       My favorite art work was Hair Portrait # 20.  I like it because it was sparkly.  It's a picture with ladies' faces that have rhinestones on them.  I also liked it because it was mostly black and white.

       I chose Hair Portrait #20.  The artist was Mickalene Thomas, who is my favorite pop artist.  It was crazy.  It had a lot of sparkles. 

     What I like about Yellow Cab is that its color is my favorite color (yellow).  It is my favorite type of car (bug). The artist is Margarita Cabrera.  It was made in 2004. 

     My favorite piece was Yellow Cab by Margarita Cabrera.  It was my favorite piece because it was simple.  Also it was my favorite color.  Another reason is that it is a Volkswagen.  That's why it is my favorite. 

     My favorite art piece is Yellow Cab.  It is made by Margarita Cabrera.  It was made in 2004.  It is a sculpture.  Yellow Cab is my favorite piece. 

     Yellow Cab, from Margarita Cabrera was my favorite.  It was because it was made of some leather-type stuff, well most of it.  Second, it was a full-sized Volkswagen Beetle!  Last, you could probably drive it if it had an engine.  That is why Yellow Cab, from Margarita Cabrera is my favorite work of art. 


No comments:

Post a Comment