Friday, March 27, 2015

Week of March 23

The students are hard at work on their Genius Hour projects.  They get the time and resources to research any topic of their choice.  We will work most Fridays on this until the end of the year, when the students will present their projects to others.  Here are some pictures of the students working and what they hope to learn. Students will be researching, developing, and probably making small changes to their guiding questions over the next few months. 












  • I want to make music easier to read by making notes easier to tell apart.
  • How will we prevent space debris from going into Earth?
  • I want to make a magnetic/kinetic energy powered car.
  • I want to build houses which can survive tornadoes and earthquakes.
  • I want to make a video game app where you collect as many coins as you can without getting hit by tons of stuff like rockets and mines.
  • I will learn about natural disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis.
  • I will make an app to tell you what to wear by taking a survey on what you feel that day.  
  • I will be learning about cryptids and I will make and explain a hypotheses about if they are real.  I will check Big Foot, Jersey Devil, Chupacabra, and Jackalope.  
  • How can I make an architecture app for kids?
  • What could be a better alternate for the design on spines on books?  I will try to make it better by making the book easier to open when it is new.
  • How do you make a no sugar cookie that little kids will like?
  • Is there enough environmental support for unicorns to be alive?


No comments:

Post a Comment