Friday, March 7, 2014

Week of March 3rd

The students began studying ancient Greece this week.  We have discussed what life was like, and now they are each researching a topic.  Be sure to ask your child about what they are learning. 

For the spelling test each week, the students are asked to write 2 sentences using at least 8 or 9 spelling words (depending on the week).  Here are some of the sentences from this week's spelling test.  The students should be seeing connections with words and how they relate to better write sentences that make sense.  We also discuss what makes a run-on sentence and how to use conjunctions and/or commas to prevent that from happening. 

"I installed a massive house and made it a haven."

"To restore your furnishes from bad stenches, call 1-800-299-STINK and your furniture will have a nice, fragrant smell."

"The massive haven was under construction in the vicinity of my furnished house."

"I retaliated when my brother kicked my with his stenching feet by kicking him back, then I constructed an elaborate haven for me and furnished it with beanbags."

"The now clammy area installed a massive repellent to construct a fragrant smell to clean the area."

"My sister and I retaliate a lot and she tries to repel me with massive clammy spit."

"People restored furnishings from the elaborate construction."

"The house that was being constructed had a fragrant stench and had a massive living room installed in it that had to be renewed."

"You can retaliate and restore yourself in a haven by constructing yourself."

"I was smelling a fragrant flower when a dog started repelling, the dog had a stench but thankfully a nice person restored a previously constructed haven in the vicinity."

"Castles are clammy, massive and might have a stench but I'd like to repel that thought."

"The massive Fuffers, who lived in the vicinity, loved to restore and furnish so much."

"I went hiking where I saw massive trees, it was clammy and there were bugs that I repel."

No comments:

Post a Comment