Friday, May 29, 2015

Weeks of May 18 and 26

The Peacocks went to Dash Point Park at minus tide to investigate the tide pools that were present. They were excellent partners for the pre-k and kindergarten students.  There was much to be found on the beach this day, and the students excitedly ran all over investigating.  



"We found three gooey duck fields.  We also found six sea snails."


"I learned at the tide pools that gooey ducks squirt water.  I also learned that squids make egg sacks."



"The tide pools were great because I saw egg sacks."

"I loved seeing the sea urchin, the giant crab, the gooey ducks, and the moon snails.  I enjoyed going with the preschoolers and Bumblebees.  It was fun!"


"I liked the gooey ducks.  One went up like 2 1/2 feet when Dylan put his fingers down the hole.  I think that going to the beach was a fun experience."



"I liked to see all the crabs, clams, shrimp, moon snails, and egg sacks.  My favorite was the crabs and moon snail.  The moon snail is all fat and the crabs were so mad at us so I am sorry for scaring them."


"I learned that moon snails are huge.  I learned that there are colorful sea slugs in the Pacific NW."


"Seeing the tide pools was cool.  We saw a moon snail, a huge crab, and a sea  urchin.  The crabs were either small, or really big.  It was lots of fun."


"I loved the fact that everyone found something cool.  I also liked that I found a huge crab."


"I loved visiting the tide pools.  We saw sooo many cool things.  Nathan and I found a lot of weird, white squishy things.  I've never seen them before.  Tide pools were super fun."


"I liked the beach trip a lot because we got to see unique animals.  The only downside is that seaweed was in my tracks."








No comments:

Post a Comment